Friday, 8 March 2013

It's all in the ears....

This was intended as a present for a friend but L adored him and frankly, if a little person in my life adores something I make then it will probably become theirs...
Dobby, made from this gorgeous pattern is about 8 inches high and was really good fun to make, though my fingers are telling me off for too much amigurumi in too little time.  Actually I would rather have made one of the other "Little People" or one of my own imagining but this was requested.  I will definitely be returning to the pattern before long.
I especially love the construction of the hands and feet, but you can make them without fingers and toes if you wish.  There is a pattern for Dobby's garment but I wasn't so taken with that bit so just cut up some curtain lining.

In other news, today is World Book Day at my daughter's school and guess what she went as...
Can you spot the difference?  I think I must be losing my marbles staying up until all hours crocheting Dobby ears from this fab and free pattern, but she was very pleased with them.  I would have made the hat but didn't have time and knew she would overheat in it anyway, the ear shape was perfect.

Little B is poorly, I had to take her to the doctor when her fever reached scary levels yesterday.  I have had a day off work to take care of her: this mainly consisted of just sitting with her, crocheting and drinking tea while she watched back to back Charlie and Lola.  She is great company even when she isn't well, but I hope she will be feeling better by the weekend poor lamb.  In the mean time I am finishing off a project for her, just because she's gorgeous.  I'll probably have it done to show you next week.

Pop over to Tami's blog to see some more Finished Objects, one of my favourite blog hops of the week.

15 comments:

  1. Both little Dobbys are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is commitment doing the ears so soon after the Dobby. Both of them look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Dobbys are cute and I love the ears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I knew who she was right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Dobbys are adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so terribly cute! We love dobby !

    ReplyDelete
  7. both Dobby's are so cute!!! I would love to dress up as Dobby myself, somedays, so I'll take note of the pattern =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE IT! Your daughter's costume is pretty phenomenal! Great work, mom! Also, the Dobby doll- He's really exceptionally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Dobby is awesome! I can see why a little one put dibs on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an amazing job on Dobby.. and your daughters ears and outfit. I hope she gets well soon.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dobby is amazing. I too prefer your cloth garmetn to the crocheted one displayed on the sample. I think your daughter's dobby costume is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Your daughter's costume is adorable. I came here from Ravelry; your blog is great, I'm enjoying it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH how wonderful! What a star! She'll have memories of this for the rest of her life..What a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love her Dobby ears! That is so funny and cute! And the little Dobby is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh ,y goodness she is so cute! And so adorable in the outfit ...it was worth it staying up all night :) what a wonderful mom you are :)

    ReplyDelete